For those of you who would like to have the latex fonts available without actually writing Tex code, there is a simple solution to integrate them into every Mac OS X application like Pages, Adium etc. available.
- Download the fonts you like from CTAN (lmroman*.otf recommend), you can skip this if you already installed MacTex
- Open the „Font Book“ Application
- Create a new Library via „File > New Library“
- Add the fonts you downloaded via „File > Add Fonts“, for users with already installed MacTex you can find those fonts under /Library/TeX/Root/texmf-dist/fonts/opentype/public/lm
- Choose the font you like your preferred application, usually you can open the „Font Manager“ with CMD+T