I was facing a serious iDisk syncing problem (as described in the Apple discussions forum) on friday, for which Console showed me the following error messages:
FileSyncAgent POST /Info.woa/wa/XMLRPC/accountInfo (FAILED), httpStatusCode:-1, errorType:106 (domain=AYErrorDomain, code=2), transactionState:5, txnId:A5E6392C-7709-41DF-9EC0-B34A338FF89B, auto-retries=0, manual-retries=0</div> <div id="_mcePaste">FileSyncAgent MKCOL /.FileSync/XRS-idiskng067 (FAILED), httpStatusCode:405, errorType:100, transactionState:5, txnId:2A8B0052-7EA2-4FEF-B2F5-B608A3B9766E, auto-retries=0, manual-retries=0 FileSyncAgent LOCK /.FileSync (FAILED), httpStatusCode:-1, errorType:100 (domain=DMGeneralErrorDomain, code=100), transactionState:5, txnId:63729AC5-6FCB-4332-89C7-46724D75A6C5, auto-retries=0, manual-retries=0 FileSyncAgent UNLOCK /.FileSync (FAILED), httpStatusCode:-1, errorType:100 (domain=DMGeneralErrorDomain, code=100), transactionState:5, txnId:BE74C046-9EFB-4CAC-82A2-68F436A23291, auto-retries=0, manual-retries=0
After a little more digging I found those errors in the ~/Library/Logs/FileSyncAgent.log file:
Starting automatic sync of "gerbsen_iDisk". -SStore_iDisk _refreshServerOptions: disableHoarding is invalid ('(null)') performing full scan of remote iDisk EXCEPTION: !IF -SStore_iDisk _updateDirectory:withProps:: exception "-SNode addChildNodeWithName:info: (Node.m:1201): "'((!((((((self)->_nodeTypeCache != kInvalidNodeType ? (self)->_nodeTypeCache : (self).nodeType)) & (0x0002 | 0x0004)) != 0))))'"" while parsing properties for children of "/" EXCEPTION: !IF Peer "MobileMe" is unable to sync. Not enough peers will be available to continue syncing. Aborting sync of "gerbsen_iDisk". Sync of "gerbsen_iDisk" encountered errors. (-SStore prepareForSync (Store.m:982): "'((self.stateTree.isBroken))'") Last successful sync completed at 2010-04-08 17:49:49 +0200. Finished sync of "gerbsen_iDisk".
This has been really annoying, because I already had the same error only two days before. So I deleted my local iDisk image and re-synced it completely, which took a really long time. So, I figured doing it twice can’t be the solution. So, here is what you need to do to solve the problem without re-download your entire iDisk:
- Make a backup of your previous iDisk image (locate in /Users/YOUR_USER_NAME/Library/Filesync/HEX_NUMBER/*.sparsebundle)
- Disable “Sync automatically”
- Stop iDisk syncing, this should also delete your local image
- Start iDisk syncing, so you should now have an empty image
- Mount your backed up iDisk image (double-click it so that it shows up in the finder side bar)
- Copy all files and folder to your iDisk
- If your finished, turn on (if you want to) “sync automatically” again
- Hope this helps!